Sunday 11 August 2013

Birthday cupcakes for Colin

My uncle and aunty visited us in June from New Zealand. I hadn't seen them since last August and they had yet to meet Annabelle, so it was great seeing them. Their visit also coincided with Colin's birthday, so of course I had to do some baking. 



This was actually the second attempt at baking something. I am sure that everyone that has had a baby understands that when you have one, things can turn chaotic relatively quickly. On this occasion, Annabelle woke from her nap early and was hungry. I was rushing, and the cake I made ended up on the kitchen floor. I didn't want to make the cake for a second time... so cupcakes were made instead.


They are chocolate cupcakes filled with chocolate ganache, and topped with chocolate frosting made from ganache, butter and icing sugar. The decorations are made from marshmallow fondant. I will do a post on the cupcake and frosting recipes soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment